Monday 27 October 2008

Post Match Debrief

A very successful weekend. The delays in getting the gear and cash meant everything coincided and added up to the most mangled I've been for an entire weekend since... well, I can't remember.
There are things I'm going to need if this enterprise is to be as fruitful every weekend, though. I'm going to need gear from a more reliable source for one thing, and I'm going to need a partner in crime. I think I may be babysitting next saturday so I definately need some spliff. And cans. Then I can just play online golf all night. So, that will mean I shall have to make the most of darts night and try to get out friday, which I almost never do lately. It used to be the pinnacle of the week for me. Got paid, picked up, got in the pub straight from work and never looked back til sunday evening. This is obviously never going to happen once a child is on the scene.
This is a sticking point in the plan of eternal inebriation. I have no desire to be out of it when my daughter is relying on me. So where does she fit in to the lifestyle? Simple answer is she doesn't so two lifestyles have to be maintained, a sensible parenting attitude needs to be married with an irresponsible reckless one. This is something that will be severly put to the test during the experiment. So far it hasn't been a problem as there are two parents under the same roof and care has been shared but I don't know how long that is to continue. It has to be said I would rather curtail my stupor than let my daughter down. So if it comes to it this attempt at recapturing a lost youth is doomed, but for a reason I would cheerfully accept. For now though, while the care is shared, I will continue in my mission and see where it all takes us.

No comments: