Friday 5 December 2008

drunken escapades part I

In the absence of any recent events of newsworthy nature I thought maybe a trot through a couple of old and fuzzy memories that may be of interest. These events are many but come back to me randomly so will be irregular. Some are a bit cringe-inducing and involve too much vomit for pleasant storytelling but there are plenty of comic ones.
There have been plenty of drunken student type pranks (how many people can we get in a phone box, 2cv, lavvy), and there has been plenty of 'lost in London/Liverpool/Leicester' type adventures that'll be "funny when we look back". That aren't. And there are plenty of tales that only come back when I sit around with old mates who can fill the gaps. A few fights. The odd trip, fall and stumble. And one arrest for exposure.
The one I always think of first when I reminisce about the old glory days was a night in Majorca in the teen years. Not surprisingly there where a few drunken stories from those two weeks but, having woken up in the bathroom after the first night with a puddle of sick still warm and spreading across the tiles to find my two mates AWOL, it is the most memorable. Though obviously, couldn't remember a thing about the events preceding. Luckily I was filled in by the two girls who knocked on the door as I was getting my bearings. We'd had a party in our hotel room after the bar shut with them and some other guys we'd met. Lot's of sangria, naturally, and a bucket load of lager and voddy. Text book stuff. Except where the fuck were the other two? Hospital it'd turned out, I got a call from one of the guys saying he'd jumped out the window, ran across the road for a swim in the sea. Just too much to resist, apparently. Only, after seeing this, the next guy decided it looked cool and broke his foot jumping off the balcony. I was out for the count through all this, having lead the proceedings over the course of the previous afternoon. Bit of a disaster then. Took all day to convince hopalong that he could still enjoy himself in a plaster cast and we needn't jump on the next plane home.
Took a lot less time for me and my other mate to realise we should leave him by the pool while we toured the island with the girls. Nurses it turned out. Everybodies favourite! Drunk at the waterpark, drunk at the beach, drunk in the company of nurses. Maybe not such a disaster for all of us...

No comments: