Thursday 18 December 2008

The Bardswell Games

Had a couple of decent nights in the club over the road. Wasn't really in the mood, things aren't great at home with the wife. But, went over the road for the sixes competition and we gave a fright to a very good team, going 1-0 up and almost taking a second leg to knock them out. wasn't to be but we all felt pretty proud of our little team. The main point is that in this club, which is 2 minutes walk from the flat, sells Stella at only 10p more than Carlsberg. Which is an excuse to get shitfaced. Stella is widely recognised as the best lager around but it's also known as 'wifebeater' for a reason. Gets you pissed real quick. Anyway, last night I went back for a few more at the Women's league charity night. Ended up being roped in to play with 3 ladies, one of whom would sit nicely in the category of 'hubbahubba' but far too young and beboyfriended for any drunken lurching. I just made sure I finished off the 3 games we played to get a bit of pervy uncle hugging going round. Got a couple of cuddly-granny cuddles thrown in ,too, so not a bad night. Oh, another bus stop came my way! Or to translate into Grubbish, another tenners worth of wifebeater....
So things aren't completely quiet, things do still turn up, but it is not as raucously reckless as the younger days. I may be enjoying it more, though. There don't seem to be such bad heads or such embarrassing consequences. Maybe I'm reaching a happy medium of drunk when I can and sober when I need to be. Or maybe I'm just a bit skint and I'm settling for what I can get til the pockets regain the pre-xmas bulge. Who knows. Who cares. I got drunk and pulled a young ladies tits to my chest for a few brief dirty-thoughted seconds.

No comments: